200 HR Online Yoga Teacher Training
Whether you want to teach or dive deeper into your personal practice, the 200-hour yoga teacher certification offers you the opportunity to deeply enrich your practice and understanding of yoga. This comprehensive YTT will give you a strong foundation of yoga philosophy and practice. As a student, you'll learn all the skills needed to begin your journey as a Yoga Teacher.
What You'll Learn
- Yoga History & Philosophy: Understand the history of yoga including key ancient yoga texts; The Vedas, The Upanishads, and The Bhagavad Gita.
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: Learn the 8 limbs of yoga including the Niyamas and Yamas and how they relate to yoga ethics today.
- Yoga Anatomy: Explore anatomy and physiology as well as their practical applications in yoga practice.
- Principles of Yoga Alignment: Learn sequencing and alignment foundations for standing asanas, forward bends, twists, backbends, and inversions.
- Teaching Cues: Learn to use concise and clear teaching cues that will ensure your students remain safe in their practice.
- Injuries & Modifications: Learn injury considerations for each pose and how to offer different modifications for your students.
- Sanskrit: Understanding basic Sanskrit terms, Sanskrit pose names, and pronunciation for each asana.
- Yoga Sequencing: Learn how to prepare for your own classes; including creating inspiring class plans, structuring your yoga class safely, and sequencing foundations.
- Hands On Adjustments: Explore how to safely offer yoga adjustments, when they are necessary and their relationship to body mechanics.
- Pranayama: Learn how to guide others in different breathing exercises including; 3 Part Breath, Alternate Nostril Breathing, and Ujjayi Breath.
- Props: Learn different types of yoga props and how to use them to modify poses for your students.
- Developing Confidence as a Teacher: Learn to feel comfortable teaching and find your unique style as a teacher.
- Yoga Business & Marketing: Learn all the foundations for business and marketing for your yoga business, including finding teaching opportunities, outreach, social media, branding, and marketing.
- Bonus: Get my course Accounting for Yogis.